Saturday, February 14, 2009

What February Brought



This was taken a few days after we all arrived home from the thousand mile journey. Three years ago. They are grown up lovely, loving cats now. Ramona is still sweet and mysterious and wants to be with us. Harper is the huggiest boy cat I ever had. His favorite sleeping place is next to me with my arm around him. You can forgive a cat like that anything. Good thing, since when he is upset he sometimes poops on the rug. Yeah, I caught him doing it so I know it is not Ramona. As if Ramona would ever do anything so undignified.

I am just working my way through a pile of projects. I will be writing a full length video on steam trains. Should be fun. That is after I edit the German and French recordings.

The sun is higher now and it is the good time of winter. The buds on the trees are just starting to swell and the turkeys in the yard and figuring out who gets to keep the ladies. We have light from about 6:45 to after 5. It's nice. I got out the packets of seeds and I am trying to see which ones I think will germinate and which ones I really should buy fresh. I'm being thrifty, well as much as I can be.

We've been slogging through our winter routine here but it will end soon with the first day you can open the windows. That will probably be in March.

And then we'll fix the fence and everyone will stumble out into the sunlight. ahh spring is on the way out there somewhere.

8 comments:

Fat Eric said...

Happy Valentine's Day!

Alastriona, The Cats and Dogs said...

Happy Valentines Day. ~Socks, Scylla, Charybdis & Fenris

Tama-Chan, Benny, Vidock, Violette, Ollie, Heloise, Momo, Ryu said...

That is such a cute photo!

We are all eagerly awaiting the appearance of spring!

20th Century Woman said...

How nice to find someone else who can praise February. I think it is a month full of promise and hope. And it has Valentine's day.

Poppy Q said...

Sounds like you have great spring plans.

What a lovely picture of your tabby twosome. I am glad they have settled in so well, and can't believe it has been three years since they moved in with you.

Smooches.

James Mitchell said...

The first day that you can open your windows in Chicago is a false promise, a cheat, a scam, a gift from God. Within minutes all three of my cats were on the window sill, Karl, Brother, and finally Trudy. And if Trudy had to hand out a bit of persuasion before she got enough space to sit in, nobody held it against her.

Dawn said...

Love the baby pic!! They grow so fast!!

Linda said...

Have you seen Cute Overload and I Can Haz Cheezburger? Both are so cute and full of cat photos. I assume a cat lover like yourself has.