Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Call Me Irresistible



This little girl, six weeks old popped up at the shelter on my last visit. She's got the personality to match. Her story is a little odd, two women had to surrender their cats and they also knew about this one, stashed in a car somewhere. So they brought her in too. She's been taken from her mommy way too early but she is the happiest little thing you ever saw, playing with balls and huggy toys and eager to be picked up and played with. Not afraid of anything, she stares right at you. Her nose is raw from pushing against the wall of a cat carrier she arrived in. It will heal and be pink.

Reminds me quite a bit of a rascal named Fergus.

I asked Brendan if he'd like another little girl kitty.



Surely you jest, says he.



These two wouldn't mind though.

Sigh. Yeah four is probably a bit much right now. Though we have wondered if Ramona would mother a kitten the way she looks after Brendan and her brother. This little girl will have no problem finding a good home though. Everyone at the shelter is already crazy about her.

I've finished my audio script. It is almost fifty pages long. I'll have to see how long it takes to read. It has to fit on one cd. After typing all day I wasn't exactly up for blogging. And then we were right smack in the middle of this storm. I didn't lose power but my in-laws in Portland did. Their house got down to 40 degrees. And friends here had their road wash out so badly it was impassable. Ours is washed out enough to require some repair.

I think watching the rain and snow pour down for days on end kind of does you in. And the school shooting just makes me wonder where we're going in this country.

I am heading to Florida to meet Olof and do some video shooting in Georgia.

10 comments:

Magoo, Smudge, Bella & Dolce said...

One more won't hurt. Well not that much. We thought the same thing when we got Dolce. With three cats, there is always someone on the outside watching the other two play. With four, there is always a playmate available.

Sharyn Ekbergh said...

Ah but Brendan doesn't want to play so that would give me a trio.

The Meezers or Billy said...

well, she is just the cutest little thing! we agree with Magoo et al, but mommy saided she hadded 3 cats for 12 years and the were just fine - no one was left out that didn't want to be.

haf fun in Florida and Georgia!

a fluffy feline friend said...

She is such a sweetie!

Josh said...

Ah... makes me want to a little kitten to be Simon's friend.

Fat Eric said...

I love the expression on Brendan's face in that photo. That kitten is so cute, she will be snapped up by someone in no time.

Kimo and Sabi said...

What a cutie patootie!

Bad Kitty Cats & Megan said...

One more can't hurt eh? Well who are we to talk, 13 right now. And I would have more if we had a bigger place. I would love such a cute kitten. We hope she finds her forever home soon.

The Fluffy Tribe said...

what a sweet face ~poiland tribe

DK & The Fluffies said...

What a little cutie!