Friday, November 09, 2007

A Cat At The Door



My English friend was sounding a little concerned.

"I have three things to ask you," she said. The first two were merely dates to get together for writing critiques and dinner. Then she paused, "And the third thing is, I found a cat. She's been crying around here for about four days and finally I got her in and fed her. She was starving. I've called everyone in town and no one knows anyone who might own her. I can't keep her, our cat would make her miserable. Can you help me?"

I knew our local shelter where I take photos was pretty full, as are all the shelters in NH.

"Don't bring it here," said Olof. He knew what would happen. It's peaceful around here with just Brother and Sister and we hope to travel next summer.

So I emailed the shelter's new director, hoping that all my volunteer work would gain me some help when a feline and my friend needed it. She said, we're full but bring her in.

I went and picked her up. She was a slender girl, pure white and very much wanting affection. She was not a feral stray. This girl had been someone's pretty kitten. I wondered what her story was. Had she been dropped off on a quiet country road once she was no longer a kitten? All the way to the shelter she gave out soft, sweet, heartbreaking cries.

So here she is, checked into a mini suite at the shelter and isn't she too beautiful for words?

Yes, I'd like to take her home.

11 comments:

The Meezers or Billy said...

oh beautiful girl, you look so sad. we are so sorry that you lost your home, and we hope you find the most wonderful forefur home sweetie.

Gemini said...

She is lovely. I hope she finds her furrever home.

Just Ducky said...

She looks furry sweet. I hope she finds a home soon.

Dallas Meow said...

so very sweet

Shaggy and Scout said...

Such sad eyes. Has Olof seen them yet? He needs to. Whats one more?

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

Poor little sad girl. We hope you get a great furrever home .

jenianddean said...

She is a beautiful girl. As a cat lover, it is always heartbreaking to have to say no when a friend finds a little one who is in need. I'm so happy you were able to find her a safe and warm place to stay.

-Jasper McKitten-Cat's Mom (Jeni)

The Fluffy Tribe said...

oh what a pretty girl and so sad looking, poor baby ~The FLuffy Tribe

Magoo, Smudge, Bella & Dolce said...

Zuleme,

I managed to get the Angels of the Rainbow Bridge stories cleaned up for the new WATK book.

Magoo, Smudge, Bella & Dolce said...

Zuleme.

It's a followup to the We Are Kitties - Buy This Book or We'll Bite You.

http://inkblotbooks.com/WATK2/watk2order.html

The money generated is going to some charity.

kaylahauck said...

where's the location of the kitty, and the update?

i'm in the seattle area and have been secretly looking for lovable cat.

any updates on adoption?

kaylahauck@yahoo.com