Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Ramona doesn't like



the bear poop in the yard.

No kidding, I have cleaned up maybe thirty pounds of bear poop the last few days.

They are coming over the fence in the dead of night and eating my apples. I don't know why I didn't notice it until most of the Red Delicious were turned into bear poop. Then I got out the ladder and picked all the rest I could reach. But the bears are still coming though I don't know how they are getting out on the thin branches for the remaining apples.

They have been getting over the fence without doing much damage. I guess they're somewhat considerate, for bears. They arrive when we're all sound asleep, shimmey up one side of a tree until they are above the fence, swivel around and shimmey down the other side. But I do a complete Border Patrol before letting the kits out.

Ramona says bear poop is yucky.

I agree.

6 comments:

Gemini said...

Yes, I think bear poop would be icky too. Our neighbors said once they saw a Momma bear make a baby (lighter) go up on a fence line to get something and then bring it back. Bears can be very cooperative together!

Just Ducky said...

Wow are real bear? Maybe we need to get bear repellant.

jenianddean said...

Bear poop - YUCK-O!! At least they aren't tearing up the fence....

-Jasper McKitten-Cat

Fat Eric said...

Bears? OMG! I am glad we don't have bears in the garden here! (that would cause a bit of a sensation in London). Keep them far away from the Tigers!

Poppy Q said...

Miss Ramona you are such a pretty tabby girl.

I have never seen a bear or it's poop. You must be very brave!

The Fluffy Tribe said...

we don't blame her for not liking bears poopin in her yard ~ The Fluffy Tribe