Sunday, July 23, 2006

Summer Flies By



It's been a week since I posted. It's amazing how summer just flies by. I guess it's because there is so much more outdoor stuff to do, including the best garden we ever had. Olof has made us a terraced garden on the hill behind the house which is the sunniest place on our land. That means plenty of planting, weeding, picking, eating and figuring out what to do with it all when it starts coming in all at once.

I took the kittens out for a long walk this morning and they are happy, bouncing around the house. We still plan on making a safe fenced in place for them. Have to get through their surgeries too, coming up August 3rd. At the moment, Harper has two little lumps under his chin which we think are swollen glands. I will call the vet tomorrow, I don't think it is an emergency thing, though I will google it. Our vet is very good at having someone on call for emergency runs and they don't charge much extra at all, but the place is a half hour away and Harper yells all the way there. So I don't want to give him unnecessary stress.

I just did a new Pawprints and I will see about doing the web thing. It is all set up, it's just another step to do after making the dvd's for the other stations and sending them out.

I feel low on energy myself, it is probably the weather, either too hot or too wet.

3 comments:

The Meezers or Billy said...

oh poor Harper. maybe it's allergies?

~ J ~ said...

Too hot AND too wet.....Im having the same low energy problem here in Jersey. I just love the summer but this time it seems to be sucking the life outta me!

I hope Harper is OK!! We just did the emergency vet visit and my poor Varuka howled all the way there. Breaks your heart. Luckily it was only a bladder infection and she seems to be getting better. She is hates the pills and I have gotten pretty creative in the ways I get her to take them. It seems that if I try to give it to her sister first she wants it even more....ha!

Fat Eric said...

Hope Harper is OK. It is very hot here in London.