Friday, April 07, 2006

The Pitter Patter of Little Paws



A very special Feline Friday for us here at Caturday. Visit The Modulator for more kitties.

Here is the beautiful Ramona. She is a spirited little lady, much adored by her brother. Guess her first nickname and we will send you some sort of cool prize, either a book or a photo print if there is one you would like from our archives. I'll figure something out. It is a very cool nickname not owned by any other feline on the web.



This is one of their typical poses. They look like little angels but they sound like a herd of elephants.



I woke up around 3:30 am and figured they might be hungry since they have been eating like crazy every four hours. They are up to half a can of Wellness kitten each, about four times a day. I'm not sure how that relates to their body weight, they are one pound thirteen ounces each.

After I put down the food I climbed up into the bed and shortly after Harper scaled right up the side and Ramona took the steps ( a stack of pillows placed so they could climb up) Harper approaches me with a huge purr and cuddles right up against my cheek. Ramona joins him. Then they hopped down every few minutes and raced around the room. I think they are feeling better. I fell asleep and dreamed I was chasing them around the house. I wonder why.



Together again.



You can tell this guy is someone. The amazing thing is he is such a cuddler. After he eats he wants to come up and snuggle and he has a huge purr. He makes the same sounds Fergus did, a sort of Errrr, Errrr, as if he is commenting on what he is doing. Isn't it incredible that I picked him out from a photo? Olof says it is ok if I am a nut because I married a bigger nut. We are both gaga over them. And isn't it wonderful how two tiny creatures can lift your spirits so much? Maybe we are nuts but we are in general happy nuts. I will always miss Fergus but I feel as if his spirit has returned in Harper. He is a very cocky little guy. The most amazing thing is when he looks at me I see a conscious being there. He focuses on my eyes and then he gives me an eye blink. And he's got such a funny little expression, like he's a kid from Our Gang.



Brendan is taking this all in stride. We have in general been keeping them in a separate room because of the URI. Yesterday we took them down to the sunroom for a little while and Silas came in. He was fascinated by Ramona (a girl!) and then he hissed at her a little. Then the two kittens were on my lap and Silas came over and Harper told him in no uncertain terms to lay off his sister. So now Silas is scared of the kittens, or just feels uncertain and is napping in his drawer. I intend to encourage him to climb back to his penthouse where he has high status.

I just got word that Silas has reclaimed the penthouse. Good.

We're finishing up a new Pawprints this morning and the print version of Caturday should start running this week in our local paper. Then I will send it out to more papers.

15 comments:

Carolina Cats said...

I'm so glad the babies are bringing you both so much joy! They're so sweet together, and what a good brother Harper is! I'm sure in no time they will all be pals.

Nora

The Meezers or Billy said...

What adorable little babies they are. Yes, kittens are Magic. I would nickname Ramona Princess, because she looks so regal. Harper looks like he's always thinking of some trouble to get into, and then when he's caught, he gives the "but I'm so cuuuute" look.

Sharyn Ekbergh said...

Ramona's nick name is completely unique. Try again! Hint, think arty.

Magoo, Smudge, Bella & Dolce said...

Since you said arty, How about 'Mona Lisa? It sort of fits as she is quite the poser, and that smile...

Your new babies are adorable. I can't let my wife see them because she'll have us to five cats before I can blink an eye.

Fat Eric said...

Aw. Ramona and Harper are very cute. I hope Silas and Brendan do not catch any of the illnesses from them, though I expect you are keeping them safe. We are so glad you are having so much fun with the babies.

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

Just beautiful babies! Gorgeous pictures.

The Meezers or Billy said...

We were going to say what Magoo and group said for Ramona's nickname. We could hear our Mommy singing that song to her. We'll have to think of another name.

Shaggy and Scout said...

Oh how wonderful you have the 2 of them together. I see their little selves and just ache to reach out and feel their tiny kitten bones. How wonderful the cuddle you at night. I wish mine weren't so independent and did that too. sss's mom

Just Ducky said...

Hmmm, an arty nickname, and she is spirited. Hmmmm. I guess Monet.

DK & The Fluffies said...

We guess 'kitty van go'

They are sooooooooooo cute.

Anonymous said...

Fantastic photos. They are so precious. We're so happy for you and Olaf. They already look completely at home.
:-)

Max said...

I must hide this from the Woman, lest she see all that kitteny cuteness and decide the two of us aren't enough!

Eponine's Cowboy said...

Who is the photographer taking those wonderful pictures?

You are certainly tugging at my heart. Ramona and Harper look so very perfect.

An arty nickname....hmmmm? Venus? Ok fine, give us another hint.

animalfamily said...

gosh, they are little angels.

craziequeen said...

ah, cute babies....... :-)

(without looking at other comments) Is Ramona's nickname Mona?? :-)

Mama cq