Monday, April 10, 2006

Ramona's Day



Harper looks around the doorway as Ramona explores the big room.



Ramona explores the big room.





And she figures out the cat tree. Clever little girl.

This afternoon I went to their room when they were waking up from afternoon naps. Ramona's eyes looked red and had some stuff in them so I washed them gently as the vet said I could and then put some ointment on them. She climbed up onto my shoulder as I lay on the bed and fell asleep. Harper cuddled up next to me and fell asleep. So I was stuck.

I heard Ramona having a hard time breathing and she would open her mouth. So I got up and took her into the bathroom and turned on the shower hot and held her on my lap on the floor as the steam filled the room. It relaxed her breathing and the amazing thing was she got it that I was doing it to make her feel better. She looked up at me and purred and then she said she wanted to go back to her room so we did and she was ready to eat.

Good food, medicine, warmth and love. It will take time but we'll look after her.

Harper seems to be in good shape, but his eyes sometimes leak too.

8 comments:

Just Ducky said...

Such a little darling. Purrs to her that she gets over her URI quickly.

Shaggy and Scout said...

Precious babies. So small and trusting.

Anonymous said...

What a good Mommy - you knew just what she needed.

The Meezers or Billy said...

Awwww. Ramona is a smart little girl. And she already trusts and loves her Mom! Sending her some furry headbutts and purrs to get better quickly. - Sammy

Magoo, Smudge, Bella & Dolce said...

We are all purraying for her and Harper to get over all their kitten bugs. They are both such lovebugs.

=^..^= said...

I'm in love with Ramona and Harper! By the way, may I ask... how many toes does Ramona have on each paw?

~5-Cat Style

Sharyn Ekbergh said...

Ramona turned out to be a regular four toed little girl. Lynn at the shelter discovered that the night before we picked them up and was sleepless thinking we might not want her.
As if we wouldn't want her because she doesn't have big feet like her brother.
Who wouldn't want her!

Eponine's Cowboy said...

Your pictures bring tears to my eyes. Tears of excitement and anticipation of hearing about all the future happy times!