Sunday, February 12, 2006

My Life in Cats Part Two



Seamus. Out little angel kitty. He was about the sweetest little guy I have known. He died on the road above my house one morning when he was about a year old. I still miss him and wish I could have had him for fourteen or more years.

He was a neck sleeper. I think his favorite part of the day was when we were gettin ready for bed. He would get really happy when we got up and started brushing out teeth and he would run into the bedroom and hide under the foot of the bed. When one us got in he would leap up and try to grab a toe. Then he would hang over the edge with a "do not feed after midnight" face. We learned to take a flying leap onto the bed and protect our toes.

Then he would come up and if I was lying in the proper position , on my side, he would give a big happy purr and flop down behind me. HIs neck would land on mine and then a paw would follow, draping over me. Then he'd give a big, contented sigh and snuggle close.




He also loved the sink. He would come running down the stairs when we came home crying "You're home! You're home!"

So far I have identified five cat personalities. There is the Thinker (Brendan), Warrior (Gandolf), Lover ( Seamus, Fergus), Gentleman ( Silas), and I think there is also a Trickster (Finnegan).

Today is a month since I lost Fergus.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Moose will be a Lover, when he grows up. Right now, he's a Stinker.

Those of us with female cats must add a few cat personalities - because just like people, they are like mars and venus :-)

My Heather was patient and kind. If she didn't like something, she taught you so gently. Perhaps she had a Mother soul.

Shaggy and Scout said...

These 'anniversaries' bring back the pain all fresh again. You've had so many kitty loves in your life and each one is unique and special. Drown your grief on the remaining kitties, love them up for all they're worth!

Magoo, Smudge, Bella & Dolce said...

Like you, I have a Soldier (Magoo), a Lover (Smudge), a Thinker (Bella) and a Work-In-Progress (Dolce). Each one comes with its own personality and its own demands. No one ever replaces a previous cat or kitten, but they do remind us why we loved them in the first place.

Beau said...

That was a very touching story. I know you miss your prior kitties like I do. I like to think a part of them will always be with us.

The Crew said...

Seamus sure was a darling boy.