Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Life with Harper



Yes, he is the comedian of the pride. How could he not be, with those paws?



Which he uses to great effect.



They give him an advantage in games of Paw Over Paw. But Ramona is more agile. Remember, Harper is our little Pork Chop. He's kind of solid in the middle.



They woke me up at 3 AM for a cuddle session which then became a wrestling match, grooming session. Yawn.



Two is better, these two are happy, friendly and secure in their twoness. I set up the Cat Dancer last night and they played with it for four hours, breaking only for second dinner. Then I had all three cats on my lap while watching TV. When Brendan decided things were just too undignified and he got up and went to the bedroom, both kittens popped their heads up, stared after him and then ran into the bedroom to see why he left them. It is amazing how well they all get along.

13 comments:

The Meezers or Billy said...

Those paws are amazing! it's so wonderful that they all get along so great.

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

Just awesome paws(ome)!

Harper is a real cutie pie!

*ABBY

Edsel/The Pooch said...

ooh, you're making my "kitten juices" run! i think "the Dad" would not like it if i brought one (or two!) home though. maybe i can sneak one in the house and feign surprise??
Edselsmom

Anonymous said...

Zuleme - my ten-year-old SO loves looking at your kitten photos with me... and one of his favorite websites is kittenwars.com. Might I suggest that you take these fantastic photography skills and create a story you could publish with them?? I can't overstate how great your shots are. Just a thought.

Anonymous said...

PS - If you were ready - I know you have the story of Fergus already in photographs... But Harper and Ramona would make quite a pair of characters, themselves. I could see this in either a board-book style for very young kids, or an easy-reader style for, say, 1st-3rd graders. I would definitely have bought either for my children.

Magoo, Smudge, Bella & Dolce said...

Harper and Ramona remind me so much of Dolce. I'll warn you know that if that glint in his eye is anything like Dolce's, I recommend you start supergluing anything valuable to the table.

Do they sleep with you at night? Or has Brendan put his paw down and declared that the bed is his?

Shaggy and Scout said...

I wanna come live with you!
Seriously, I saw my very first polydactyl cat at an adoption place this morning. I've never seen one before in person! sss's mom

Carolina Cats said...

Ohhhhh, I think Harper Pork Chop was mis-named. His name should be Bozo! I often say Buddy should have been named for a clown, he's totally silly, but Harper's got him beat, especially with those paws! They are gorgeous. Hugs to all the furries from us.

Nora, Finn & Buddy

~ J ~ said...

We adopted our girls at the same time and Im so glad we did. There is something wonderful about watching 2 kittens playing together.

Those kitty hands!!! I am wrapped around his furry little paws already!

Your photos are beyond fantastic too I might add!

animalfamily said...

amazing pics! they are stunning. those paws are just meant to be kissed.

Zeus said...

Harper is going to be a boxer when he grows up!

Justin said...

Lovely pictures! ..and cool paws. I bet they'd be great for playing 'bat the ping pong ball' games. Hell, with puds like that you could be the goalie! Puff

The Crew said...

Great pics! Such cute babies.